Garnet yams with golden beets tossed with chutney, makes an unusual and tasty side dish for your Holiday meals.
Serves 4 – 6 as a side dish
- 2 medium sized yams diced 1 ½” dice
- 4 small or 2 medium sized gold beets, peeled and diced 1 ½” dice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsps finely minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup Cardamom Hills Apricot and Cardamom Chutney
- Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat Oven to 425°F.
Toss the beets in 2 TBS Olive Oil, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp rosemary, place in an oven proof dish. In a separate dish, toss the yams in 2 TBS Olive Oil, 1 tsp rosemary and 2 cloves of garlic.
Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until tender. Combine the yam and beets and add the Apricot and Cardamom chutney. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to warm through and glaze the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.